Langtoft sentence example
- A statement of Peter Langtoft that he was at the parliament of Lincoln in 1301, when the English barons repudiated the claim of Pope Boniface VIII.
- In the second half of his chronicle, which is less simple in style, he translates from the French of Pierre de Langtoft.
- Furnivall; the second part was published by Thomas Hearne as Peter Langtoft's Chronicle..
- Peter Langtoft's French version was edited by Thomas Wright for the "Rolls Series" in 1866.
- Langtoft is a contemporary and valuable authority, es p ecially for affairs in the north of England and in Scotland.Advertisement
- Langtoft's Chronicle seems to have enjoyed considerable popularity in the north, and the latter part of it was translated into English by Robert Mannyng, sometimes called Robert of Brunne, about 1330.