Langtoft sentence example
- A statement of Peter Langtoft that he was at the parliament of Lincoln in 1301, when the English barons repudiated the claim of Pope Boniface VIII.
- C. Hamilton (London, 18 4 8 -49); and of Peter Langtoft, edited by T.
- In the second half of his chronicle, which is less simple in style, he translates from the French of Pierre de Langtoft.
- Furnivall; the second part was published by Thomas Hearne as Peter Langtoft's Chronicle..
- Peter Langtoft's French version was edited by Thomas Wright for the "Rolls Series" in 1866.Advertisement
- Very pale by the side of this work appear the Chronique of Peter of Langtoft, written between 1311 and 1320, and mainly of interest for the period 1294-1307 (ed.
- PETER LANGTOFT (d.
- c. 1307), English chronicler, took his name from the village of Langtoft in Yorkshire, and was a canon of the Augustinian priory in Bridlington.
- Langtoft is a contemporary and valuable authority, es p ecially for affairs in the north of England and in Scotland.
- Langtoft's Chronicle seems to have enjoyed considerable popularity in the north, and the latter part of it was translated into English by Robert Mannyng, sometimes called Robert of Brunne, about 1330.Advertisement
- In this connexion reference should be made also to Cowley's Ode to the Royal Society, and to Dr John Wallis's remarks in Hearne's Preface to P. Langtoft's Chronicle (appendix, num.
- Toft, Langtoft; -with (O.N.