Langham sentence example
- In 1843 he settled at Langham Manor, Norfolk.
- He died at Langham on the 9th of August 1848, his death being hastened by news of the loss of his son by shipwreck.
- The Queen's Hall, Langham Place, is used for concerts, including a notable annual series of orchestral promenade concerts.
- The chief halls devoted mainly to concerts are the Royal Albert Hall, close to the South Kensington museums, and Queen's Hall in Langham Place, Regent Street.
- Langham's tomb is the oldest monument to an ecclesiastic in Westminster Abbey; he left the residue of his estate - a large sum of money - to the abbey, and has been called its second founder.Advertisement
- He was an English naval officer turned novelist who settled in Langham Norfolk in 1848.