Langerhans sentence example
- Krohnia P. Langerhans, with one lateral fin on each side, extending on to the tail.
- Spadella P. Langerhans, with a pair of lateral fins on the tail and a thickened ectodermic ridge running back on each side from the head to the anterior end of the fin.
- Epidermal (skin) Langerhans cells (a form of dendritic cell) accumulate with other immune cells in various parts of the body and cause damage by the release of chemicals.
- Normally, Langerhans cells recognize foreign material, including bacteria, and stimulate the immune system to react to them.
- Langerhans cells are usually found in skin, lymph nodes, lungs, and the gastrointestinal tract.Advertisement
- Therefore, the disease is not confined to areas where Langerhans cells are normally found.