Langensalza sentence example
- The magnitude of the risk was sufficiently shown at Langensalza.
- Flies, which advanced from Gotha and barred the southward march of the Hanoverians at Langensalza.
- The battle of Langensalza (June 27th) showed that the risks Moltke deliberately accepted when he transferred so many of the western troops to the Bohemian frontier were by no means imaginary, for v.
- Flies's column (backed by a fresh brigade) south of Langensalza, and Beyer approached from Eisenach.
- Henry, having obtained help from the princes of the Rhineland, attacked and defeated the Saxons at Hohenburg near Langensalza, rebuilt the forts, and pardoned Otto, whom he appointed administrator of the country.Advertisement
- Langensalza became a town in 1211 and was afterwards part of the electorate of Saxony.
- The Hanoverians, however, were victorious at the battle of Langensalza on the 27th of June 1866, but the advance of fresh bodies of the enemy compelled them to capitulate two days later.
- Whatever had been the prospects of the Hanoverian army five days previously, it was now surrounded by twice its numbers, and on the 29th of June the capitulation of Langensalza closed its long and honourable career.