Lanercost sentence example
- The Chronicon de Lanercost, edited by J.
- Two of his brothers were taken in Galloway and hanged at Carlisle, while King Edward, a dying man, lay with a great army at Carlisle, or at the neighbouring abbey of Lanercost.
- His real name is uncertain, but according to the chronicle of Lanercost it was Matthew.
- Queen Mary, who was by Gladiator out of a daughter of Plenipotentiary and Myrrha by Whalebone, when mated with Melbourne produced Blink Bonny (winner of the Derby and Oaks); when mated with Mango and Lanercost she produced Haricot, dam of Caller Ou (winner of the St Leger).
- The nave in the northern houses, not unfrequently, had only a north aisle, as at Bolton, Brinkburn and Lanercost.Advertisement
- The Lanercost contemporary chronicler writes that the bishop of Glasgow and the Steward began the broil, and called in Wallace as the leading brigand in the country-side.