Landsturm sentence example
- Further, the age releasing from service was raised from 40 to 43 years and the militia (landsturm) was reorganized.
- Finally, all soldiers are passed into the Landsturm, in the first ban of which they remain until the completion of their forty-fifth year.
- In addition, each would leave behind depot troops to form the nucleus on which the 2nd ban Landwehr and the Landsturm would eventually be built up. The total number of units of the three arms in all branches may be stated approximately at 2200 battalions, 780 squadrons and 950 batteries.
- In this way it was possible to increase the war establishment, excluding the Landsturm, by about half a million men without adding to the burden in time of peace.
- The remaining men of military age (up to 42) as usual form the Landsturm.Advertisement
- It is to be noted that this Landsturm comprises many men who would elsewhere be classed as Landwehr.
- guards, the Hungarian crown guards, the gendarmerie, &c. The numbers of the Landsturm and the war strength of the whole armed forces are not published.
- These figures give an approximate total strength of 1,147,000, not inclusive of Landsturm.
- In 1886 a law was carried in either parliament creating a Landsturm, and providing for the arming and organization of the whole male population up to the age of forty-two in case of emergency, and in 1889 a small increase was made in the annual number of recruits.
- Landsturm >>Advertisement
- Finally, every citizen between the ages of 36 and 46 belongs to the third section, called the Gloata (Landsturm), which can only be called upon for home service in war.
- The defensive force of the country, as reorganized in 1901, consists of the national army (narodna voyska) and the landsturm.
- He must also belong to the landsturm at the ages of 17-21 and 45-50.
- On a peace footing the strength of the army is 35,000 men; in war it might reach 225,000, including landsturm.
- That proportion of the annual contingents which is dismissed untrained goes either to the Ersatz-Reserve or to the 1st ban of the Landsturm (the Landwehr, it will be observed, contains only men who have served with the colors).Advertisement
- und K.); the special armies, namely the Austrian (K.K.) Landwehr, and the Hungarian Honveds, which are separate national institutions, and the Landsturm or levy-in-mass.