Lando sentence example
- The names of some of these earliest captains of adventure, Fra Moriale, Count Lando and Duke Werner, who styled himself the Enemy of God and Mercy, have been preserved to us.
- The first of these bands with whom Florence came into contact was the Great Company, commanded by the count of Lando, which twice entered Tuscany Y but was expelled both times by the Florentine troops (1358-1359).
- In direct opposition to a decree of council, he was also at the instigation of Theodora promoted to the papal chair as the successor of Lando.
- Lando relates the furor caused by the reading to widespread resentment of Buckingham.
- Once the people were in possession of the palace, a ciompo named Michele di Lando took the lead and put a stop to disorder and pillage.Advertisement
- Three new gilds were created, and nine priors appointed, three from the anti maggiori, three from the minori, and three from the new ones, while each of these classes in turn was to choose the gonfaloniere of justice; the first to hold the office was Michele di Lando.
- The demagogues were executed or forced to fly, and Michele di Lando with great ingratitude was exiled.
- One of their most popular shirts features a screen printed Star Wars design with Lando Calrissian on the front.
- It features a command center, a repair hanger, and six mini figures, including Admiral Ackbar, Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker.
- He later starred with Jane Seymour and Joe Lando (ex-Jake One Life to Live) in Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.Advertisement
- While Luke flies his fighter to Dagobah to find legendary Jedi Master Yoda, Han and Leia escape in the Millenium Falcon to Cloud City, where Lando (Billy Dee Williams), a smuggler friend of Han rules a community of smugglers.
- Han and Leia discover that Lando is compromised and has betrayed them to the Empire.
- Lando, amoral but not evil, escapes the Imperials with Leia in the Millenium Falcon.
- Leia, hearing Luke's decision through the Force, succeeds in getting Lando to swing back just in time to rescue Luke before he plummets to his death.
- Owned at that time by Corellian smuggler, rogue and ultimate galactic hero Han Solo, she had previously belonged to fellow ne'er-do-well Lando Calrissian.Advertisement
- Han won the Correlian smuggling vessel in a game of chance against Lando Calrissian.
- In Return of the Jedi, Han reluctantly let Lando pilot the Falcon in the battle against the reconstructed Death Star when his mission took him to the moon of Endor.