Landeck sentence example
- It next plunges through the deep ravine of Finstermiinz, and, continuing in the main a north-easterly direction, receives at Landeck the Rosanna.
- Landeck >>
- Vorarlberg is composed of the hilly region of the Bregenzerwald, and, to its south, of the mountain valley of Montafon or of the upper Ill, through which an easy pass, the Zeinisjoch (6076 ft.), leads to the Tirolese valley of Paznaun, and so to Landeck.
- Near Bludenz the Kloster glen parts from the Ill valley; through the latter runs the Arlberg railway (1884) - beneath the pass of that name (5912 ft.) - to Landeck and Innsbruck.
- Arlberg Pass (Landeck to Bludenz), carriage road over, railway tunnel beneath.Advertisement
- 6,870 Reschen Scheideck Pass (Landeck to Meran), carriage road 4,902 Brenner Pass (Innsbruck to Verona), railway over.
- Starting from Landeck, the carriage road runs up the Inn valley to Pfunds, whence it mounts above the gorge of Finstermiinz to the village of Nauders (274 m.) where the road from the Swiss Engadine falls in (532 m.
- from Landeck) where the Brenner route is joined.
- Landeck is a fairly prosaic place: Imst, another Small Historic Town, is the classier option a dozen kilometers further on.