Lanceolatus sentence example
- Sudan is extracted partly from the roots of Landolphia or from the rhizomes of Landolphia Thollonii or Carpodinus lanceolatus.
- Craspedocephalus lanceolatus, which inhabits the greater part of S.
- The ophidians are also very numerous, ranging from the comparatively harmless boa-constrictor to the deadly " palanca " or " fer de lance " (Lachesis lanceolatus) and rattlesnake (Crotalus), of which there are several species.
- des sciences de St Petersbourg (1866), and " Entwickelungsgeschichte des Amphioxus lanceolatus," ibid.
- Pallas in 1778, who took them to be slugs and described them under the name Limax lanceolatus.Advertisement
- lanceolatus, is found in the Black and Mediterranean Seas, and on the coasts of France, Great Britain and Scandinavia, while a closely allied species or subspecies, A.
- - Amphioxus lanceolatus, Yarrell (Branchiostoma lubricum, Coste).
- - Amphioxus lanceolatus laid open ventrally.
- lanceolatus obtained by the tow-net in 8 -10 fathoms, showing the asymmetry of the large lateral sinistral mouth with its ciliated margin cm and the dextral series of simple primary gill-slits (Ips-14ps).Advertisement
- Lankester, "Contributions to the Knowledge of Amphioxus lanceolatus (Yarrell)," op. cit., xxix.
- Schneider, "Einiges fiber Resorption and Excretion bei Amphioxus lanceolatus," Anat.
- Sobotta, "Die Reifung and Befruchtung des Eies von Amphioxus lanceolatus," Arch.
- Weiss, "Excretory tubules in Amphioxus lanceolatus," Quart.
- - Podozamites lanceolatus.Advertisement
- Others are C. lanceolatus, carmine, and C. speciosus.