Lance-shaped sentence example
- A. montana (Mountain Tobacco) is a European plant about 12 inches high, with smooth, lance-shaped leaves and yellow flowers 2 inches across in summer, the blooms gathered into threes and fours on hairy stems.
- The leaves are generally lance-shaped with a sharp apex and a spiny margin; but vary in colour from grey to bright green, and are sometimes striped or mottled.
- cephalotes, ft., is a larger plant, with tufts of linear lance-shaped leaves, and abundant globular heads of deep rose flowers, in June and July.
- missouriensis (macrocarpa), 6 to 12 in., has stout trailing branches, lance-shaped leaves and large yellow blossoms; Oe.
- As cultivated it is an annual with an erect stalk rising to a height of from 20 to 40 in., with alternate, sessile, narrowly lance-shaped leaves, branching only at the top, each branch or branchlet ending in a bright blue flower.Advertisement
- The outer glumes are acute and glabrous, the flowering glumes lance-shaped, with a comb-like keel at the back, and the outer or lower one prolonged at the apex into a very long bristly awn.
- It has lance shaped leaves around 3 " long.
- The three lance shaped outer sepals are a soft green.
- Most asters have simple, linear to lance-shaped leaves, sometimes hairy and sometimes serrated.
- The flowering stem has twisted, lance shaped leaves arranged in a spiral or scattered around the stem.Advertisement
- Ground Nut (Apios Tuberosa) - A graceful tuberous-rooted perennial of twining habit, with leaves cut into five lance-shaped leaflets, and fragrant brown flowers in dense clusters from July to September.
- Heloniopsis - Dwarf perennial plants of the Lily order, from Japan, forming neat tufts of erect lance-shaped leaves of a few inches high, and carrying short spikes of flower in early spring.
- Meconopsis Simplicifolia - s a tuft of lance-shaped leaves, 3 to 5 inches long, slightly toothed, and covered with a short, dense, brownish pubescence.
- Funkia Lancifolia - A small species, with tufts of lance-shaped leaves, narrowing from the middle towards both ends.
- The lance-shaped leaves are yellow-green on top and milky green on the underside.Advertisement