Lanata sentence example
- Of Phanerogams, only the Dryas octopetala covers small areas of the debris, interspersed with isolated Cochlearia, &c., and, where a layer of thinner clay has been deposited in sheltered places, the surface is covered with saxifrages, &c.; and a carpet of mosses allows the arctic willow (Salix polaris) to develop. Where a thin sheet of humus, fertilized by lemmings, has accumulated, a few flowering plants appear, but even so their brilliant flowers spring direct from the soil, concealing the developed leaflets, while their horizontally spread roots grow out of proportion; only the Salix lanata rises to 7 or 8 in., sending out roots I in.
- It has the largest known population in the UK of wooly willow Salix lanata, the rarest of the sub-Arctic willows.
- A. lanata has woolly silvery leaves, and grows well in any soil not too damp.
- It is a British plant, and there are two others, D. lanata, a native of Europe, and D. integrifolia, American.
- Woundwort (Stachys) - The common S. lanata, a woolly-leaved plant used for edging, thrives in any soil.Advertisement