Lamy sentence example
- Of this work, which exists in only one imperfect copy, the later portion was edited by Baethgen in 2884, and the earlier by Lamy in 1888.
- Within the plaza are a monument to the soldiers who fell in New Mexico during the Civil War and the Indian wars, a stone marking the spot where the first American flag was raised by General Kearny in 1846, and a bronze drinking fountain erected as a memorial to John Baptist Lamy (1814-1888), the first Roman Catholic bishop (1853) and archbishop (1815) of Santa Fe.
- Abbeloos and Lamy, i.Advertisement
- Crookes presumed that his thallium was something of the order of sulphur, selenium or tellurium; but Lamy, who anticipated him in isolating the new element, found it to be a metal.
- Fort Lamy at the confluence of the Logone and Shari, and Fort de Cointet on the middle Shari, are French posts round which towns have grown.
- 2 Edited and translated by Abbeloos and Lamy (Paris and Louvain, 1872-1877).
- Lamy has estimated that, in this class of poems, there are as many as 66 different varieties of metres to be found in the works of Ephraim.
- The edition of Lamy has added many other poems, largely connected with church festivals.Advertisement
- Lamy (4 vols., Malines, 1882-1902).
- pp. xxiii.-lxiii.); the other by Lamy (ii.
- Lamy, Deux femmes celebres, Madame Roland et Charlotte Corday (Paris, 1884).; C. Bader, Madame Roland, d'apres des lettres et des manuscrits inedits (Paris, 1892); A.
- Later Maes of Clichy (France) exhibited some " zinc crown " glass in small plates of optical quality at the London Exhibition of 1851; and another French glass-maker, Lamy, produced a dense thallium glass in 1867.