Lamoriciere sentence example
- From 1797 Onwards, When The French Took It, It Frequently Appears In History As An Important Fortress, Until Lamoriciere Capitulated Here On The 29Th Of September 1860, Eleven Days After His Defeat At Castelfidardo.
- On the 21st of December 1847, the amir gave himself up to General Lamoriciere at Sidi Brahim.
- On the 23rd of December 1847 Abd-el-Kader surrendered to General Lamoriciere in the plains of Sidi-Brahim.
- In the meanwhile Garibaldi had invaded Sicily with his Thousand, and King Victor Emmanuel decided at last that he too must intervene; Fanti was given the chief command of a strong Italian force which invaded the papal states, seized Ancona and other fortresses, and defeated the papal army at Castelfidardo, where the enemy's commander, General Lamoriciere, was captured.
- Lamoriciere, Christophe Leon Louis Juchault De (1806-1865), French general, was born at Nantes on the 1 1th of September 1806, and entered the Engineers in 1828.Advertisement
- Lamoriciere took some part in the political events of 1848, both as a member of the Chamber of Deputies and as a military commander.
- From 1848 to 1851 Lamoriciere was one of the most conspicuous opponents of the policy of Louis Napoleon, and at the coup d'etat of the 2nd of December 1851 he was arrested and exiled.