Lamellibranchiata sentence example
- The Acephala, or Lamellibranchiata, are commonly known as bivalve shell-fish.
- The valves are, consequently, essentially symmetrical, which is not the case with the Lamellibranchiata, - so much so, that certain Brachiopod shells were named Lampades, or lamp shells, by some early naturalists; but while such may bear a kind of resemblance to an antique Etruscan lamp, by far the larger number in no way resemble one.
- As in the case of the Lamellibranchiata, the shell of the adult is not a direct derivative of the youngest shell of the larva.
- ' Classes: Cephalopoda, Gasteropoda, Pteropoda, Lamellibranchiata, Brachiopoda, Tunicata.
- Orders: Lamellibranchiata and Brachiopoda.Advertisement
- Classes: Lamellibranchiata,Branchiogastropoda,Pulmogastropoda, Pteropoda, Cephalopoda.
- The heart is enclosed in the pericardium, and consists of a median elongated ventricle and a pair of lateral auricles, so that the structure somewhat resembles that in the Lamellibranchiata.