Laith sentence example
- Other Guebres occupied themselves privately with the collection of these traditions; and, when a prince of Persian origin, Yakub ibn Laith, founder of the Saffarid dynasty, succeeded in throwing off his allegiance to the caliphate, he at once set about continuing the work of his illustrious predecessors.
- Laith b.
- Laith, a grandson of Nasr b.
- Laith al-Saffar proclaimed himself amir of that province in the year 860, and was soon after confirmed in this dignity by the caliph.
- Laith, grandson of the Omayyad general Nasr b.Advertisement
- Laith al-Saffar, who with the approbation of the caliph founded a dynasty, the Saffarid (q.v.), in Seistan.
- Laith al-Saffar made it the seat of his power.
- The Turkish vilayet of Yemen includes Asir, and extends along the Red Sea coast from El Laith in the N.
- Aa wad be laith ti gan win him - wouldn't go with him.