Lagoa sentence example
- South of the port is the shallow entrance to the Lagoa do Norte, or Lagoa Mundahu, a salt-water lake extending inland for some miles.
- In Rio Grande do Sul the Atlantic coastal plain extends westward more than half-way across the state, and is well watered by numerous streams flowing eastward to the Lagoa dos Patos.
- The first is formed by the confluence of the Jacuhy, Cahy, Sinos and Gravatahy, and is known under this name only from Porto Alegre to the Ponta de Itapua, where it enters the Lagoa dos Patos.
- In the extreme southern part of the state, the Lagoa Mirim empties into the Lagoa dos Patos through a navigable channel 614 m.
- The largest of these are the Lagoa do Norte, on whose margin stands the city of Maceio, and the Lagoa do Sul, a few miles south of that city.Advertisement
- The two largest lakes of this class are on the coast of Rio Grande do Sul and are known as the Lagoa dos Patos and Lagoa Mirim.
- The Lagoa dos Patos is about 124 m.
- At Pelotas, a sea-level port on Lagoa dos Patos, the mean annual temperature is about 63° and the annual rainfall about 42 in.
- There is one lake within the urban limits, the Lagoa de Rodrigo de Freitas, near the Botanical Garden, separated from the sea by a narrow sand beach, which is being gradually filled in.
- The Sao Gongal.o river is the outlet of Lagoa Mirim, and Pelotas is therefore connected with the inland water routes.Advertisement
- In the extreme south are Lagoa Blanca, a large fresh-water lake in lat.
- After the middle of the 16th century the bay was called by the Portuguese Bahia da Lagoa, whence its modern designation.
- At Pelotas, a sea-level port on Lagoa dos Patos, the mean annual temperature is about 63Ã‚° and the annual rainfall about 42 in.