Lagi sentence example
- The next event we hear of in the history of the city is its conquest by Alexander the Great (331 B.C.), and later by Ptolemy Lagi and Demetrius Poliorcetes.
- Alexander's general, Ptolemy Lagi, becomes Satrap of Egypt.
- Ptolemy Lagi gains possession of Palestine, which, with short interruptions, continues in the hands of the Ptolemies till 198.
- Ptolemy Lagi assumes the title of king.
- After the death of Alexander (323 B.C.) Ptolemy Lagi, who became satrap and then king of Egypt by right of conquest (Diodorus xviii.Advertisement