Lagenostoma sentence example
- The organs of reproduction are not yet known, though there is a probability that an associated seed allied to Lagenostoma (see below) belonged to Heterangium.
- - Lagenostoma Lomaxii (the seed of Lyginodendron).
- - Capitate gland on the cupule of Lagenostoma Lomaxii.
- Lagenostoma Lomaxii is a small barrel-shaped seed (5.5 by 4.2 5 mm.
- In Lagenostoma the pollen-chamber has a peculiar From a photograph.Advertisement
- From the structure of the seed-bearing stalk, and from the analogy of the similar form Lagenostoma Sinclairi (fig.
- - Lagenostoma Lomaxii.
- - Lagenostoma Sinclairs.
- Many other forms of seed, and especially those which show radial symmetry, as for example Trigonocarpus, Stephanospermum and Lagenostoma belonged, as we have seen, to some of the plants grouped under Pteridospermeae, though other Pteridosperms had flattened seeds not as yet distinguishable from those of Cordaitales.
- The very remarkable plumose seeds described by Renault under the name Gnetopsis are of uncertain affinity, but have much in common with Lagenostoma, the seed of Lyginodendron.Advertisement
- Oliver, who in 1903 identified the seed, Lagenostoma Lomaxii, by means of the glands on its cupule, which agree exactly with those on the associated leaves and stems of the plant (cf.