Lagar sentence example
- The grapes are, after gathering, dusted over with plaster of Paris, and then crushed by treading in a shallow rectangular vessel termed the lagar.
- Here the stalks are removed, generally by a machine similar to the French egrappoir, and the grapes then placed in the lagar.
- The grapes are first trodden for a period varying from twenty-four hours upwards, and are then allowed to ferment in the lagar itself.
- When this is reached the wine is drawn from the lagar over a strainer or some similar arrangement into vats yielding from five to thirty pipes.
- The murk remaining in the lagar is then pressed by means of a lever or beam press with which this vessel is fitted.Advertisement