Ladybrand sentence example
- The establishment of a line of defensive posts between Bloemfontein and Ladybrand, though De Wet had three times traversed it, had given Blockhouse Policy.
- In the eastern districts of Harrismith, Bethlehem, Ficksburg and Ladybrand the Basutos are largely concentrated.
- Ladybrand, 3862, Ficksburg, 1954, and Wepener, 1366, lie in the valley of the Caledon near the Basutoland frontier.
- along the Caledon valley to Modderpoort near Ladybrand, and thence directly west to Bloemfontein.
- Here, in the districts of Ladybrand, Ficksburg, Bethlehem and Rouxville, most wheat is grown.Advertisement
- The principal tobacco-growing regions are Vredefort, which produced 258,645 lb in 1904, and Kroonstad (80,385 lb), the districts of Bethlehem, Ladybrand and Winburg also producing considerable quantities.
- Petroleum has been found in the Ficksburg, Ladybrand and Harrismith districts, and is pumped to a limited extent.
- Good building stone is obtained near Bloemfontein, Ladybrand and other places, and excellent pottery clay near Bloemfontein.
- Ladybrand >>
- LADYBRAND, a town of the Orange Free State, 80 m.Advertisement
- Ladybrand is the centre of a rich arable district, has a large wheat market and is also a health resort, the climate, owing to the proximity of the Maluti Mountains, being bracing even during the summer months (November-March).