Ladon sentence example
- The golden apples grew on a tree guarded by Ladon, the everwatchful dragon.
- Demeter, at first enraged, afterwards calmed down, and washed herself in the river Ladon by way of purification.
- Strictly Ruphia is the modern name for the ancient Ladon, a tributary which rises in N.E.
- PHORCYS (PHORCUS, PHORCYN), in Greek mythology, son of Pontus (Sea) and Gaea (Earth), father of the Graeae, the Gorgons, Scylla, and Ladon (the dragon that guarded the golden apples of the Hesperides).
- The western country is more open, with isolated mountain-groups and winding valleys, where the Alpheus with its tributaries the Ladon and Erymanthus drains off in a complex river-system the overflow from all Arcadia.Advertisement
- for a laurel tree), in Greek mythology, the daughter of the Arcadian river-god Ladon or the Thessalian Peneus, or of the Laconian Amyclas.