Lacustris sentence example
- Sagittaria sagittifolia, Scirpus lacustris, Hippuris vulgaris, Sium latifolium.
- I, Flower of true bulrush (Scirpus lacustris).
- found the most serviceable: - Hydrophytes (submerged aquatic plants) .Plants whose vegetive organs live wholly in water; e.g., most Algae, many mosses, ch as Fontinalis spp., and liverworts, such as Jungermannia spp.; few Pteridophytes, such as Pilularia spp., Isoetes spp.; several wering plants, such as Potamogeton pectinatus, Ceratophyllum p., Hottonia palustris, Utricularia spp., Liltorella lacustris.
- Hemi-hydrophytes (swamp plants, marsh plants, &c.).Plants riose vegetative organs are partly submerged and partly aerial; lucheria terrestris, Philonotis fontana, Sca pan-ia undulata, Maria spp., Salvinia ivatans, Azolla spp., Equisetum limosum, Typha rgustifolia, Phragmites communis, Scirpus lacustris, Nymphaea tea, Oenanthe fistulosa, Bidens cernua.
- Scirpus lacustris (fig.Advertisement
- There are numerous native species that might be readily transplanted, and the best of these are S. triqueter, S. sylvaticus, and S. lacustris.
- Dwarf Lake Iris (Iris Lacustris) - A dainty, quite hardy Iris, with beautiful sky-blue flowers in spring and again in the autumn.