Laciniata sentence example
- Porphyra laciniata, the edible laver; Codium tomentosum, a coarse species; Padina pavonia, common in shallow water; Ulva latissima; Haliseris polypodioides; Sargassum bacciferum; the well-known gulf weed, probably transported from the Atlantic; Zostera marina, forming dense beds in muddy bays; the roots are cast up by storms and are valuable to dress the fields.
- Such a species as Delesseria sanguinea or Callophyllis laciniata would on the contrary run great risk by exposure for even a short period.
- Porphyra laciniata and Rhodymenia palmata are locally used as food, the latter being known as dulse.
- Ae. humilis, pendula, arguta, and laciniata are forms of Ae.
- Var. laciniata is very distinct, the leaflets longer and of much greater breadth than in R. glabra itself, but they are cut up into narrow pinnate segments.Advertisement