Labourt sentence example
- Labourt, Le Christianisme dans l'empire Perse (Paris, 1904), chaps.
- His chief importance in the history of the Persian Church lies in his having induced a synod of bishops to declare that church independent of the see of Antioch and of the " Western Fathers " (Labourt, p. 122 sqq.).
- In a succession of missionary journeys he succeeded, partly by persuasion and partly (if his enemies are to be believed) ' See Labourt, op. cit., especially pp. 87-90, 92-99.
- One of his great aims was to secure for the Nestorian clergy freedom to marry, and this was finally sanctioned by a council at Seleucia in 486 (Labourt, op. cit., chap. vi.).
- An account of his theological position, derived from the treatise of Babhai De unione, will be found in Labourt, op. cit.Advertisement