Labouchere sentence example
- The marquis, who had not been in office since 1898, died on the 6th of August 1908, leaving a son, Carlo, who married a daughter of Mr Henry Labouchere.
- At the general election of 1880, the borough of Northampton, which of late years has shown an unwaveringpreference for Liberals of an advanced type,returned as its members Henry Labouchere and Charles Bradlaugh.
- The police fired, and two lives were lost, Mr Henry Labouchere and Mr (afterwards Sir John) Brunner, both members of parliament, being present at the time.
- "HENRY DU PRE LABOUCHERE (1831-1912), Radical politician and proprietor of Truth, was born in London Nov.
- For many years Mr. Labouchere himself contributed racy articles and notes, and he was to the end popularly identified with Truth, though in fact he left the direction in later years first to Mr. Horace Voules and then to Mr. Bennett, and took no active part either in writing or editing.Advertisement
- See Algar Labouchere Thorold, Life of Henry Labouchere (1913).
- 9 1831, the son of John Labouchere, of Broome Hall, and nephew of Lord Taunton (see 26.453).