Kochubey sentence example
- While retaining for a time the old ministers who had served and overthrown the emperor Paul, one of the first acts of his reign was to appoint a secret committee, called ironically the " Comite du salut public," consisting of young and enthusiastic friends of his own - Victor Gavovich Kochubey, Nikolai Nikolaevich Novosiltsov, Paul Alexandrovich Strogonov and Adam Czartoryski - to draw up a scheme of internal reform.
- The day after his interview with Count Arakcheev, Prince Andrew spent the evening at Count Kochubey's.
- Kochubey shook his head smilingly, as if surprised at Bolkonski's simplicity.
- "We were talking to him about you a few days ago," Kochubey continued, "and about your freed plowmen."
- "Afraid of being late..." said the old man, looking at Kochubey.Advertisement
- "Those who pass the examinations, I suppose," replied Kochubey, crossing his legs and glancing round.
- Count Kochubey did not finish.
- Kochubey said a few words about the reception Arakcheev had given Bolkonski.
- As he had done on their first meeting at Kochubey's, Speranski produced a strong impression on Prince Andrew on the Wednesday, when he received him tÃªte-Ã -tÃªte at his own house and talked to him long and confidentially.