Knysna sentence example
- (For the Umzimvuba and other Transkei rivers see Kaffraria.) Of the rivers rising in the coast chain the Knysna (30 m.), Kowie (40 m.), Keiskama (75 m.) and Buffalo (45 m.) may be mentioned.
- The Knysna rises in the Uiteniquas hills and is of importance as a feeder of the lagoon or estuary of the same name, one of the few good harbours on the coast.
- The banks of the Knysna are very picturesque.
- West of Knysna, and separated from the seashore by a sandbank only, are a series of five vleis, turned in flood times into one sheet of water and sending occasional spills to the ocean.
- This class includes the elephant (now found only in the Knysna and neighbouring forest regions), buffalo and zebra (strictly preserved, and confined to much the same regions as the elephant), eland, oribi, koodoo, haartebeest and other kinds of antelope and gnu.Advertisement
- Knysna, Port Alfred and Port St Johns are minor seaports.
- Tonight we dine at a restaurant in the vibrant woodcutter town of Knysna.