Klux sentence example
- "He's about as open-minded as the Ku Klux Klan," Dean muttered.
- The name is generally applied not only to the order of Ku Klux Klan, but to other similar societies that existed at the same time, such as the Knights of the White Camelia, a larger order than the Klan; the White Brotherhood; the White League; Pale Faces; Constitutional Union Guards; Black Cavalry; White Rose; The '76 Association; and hundreds of smaller societies that sprang up in the South after the Civil War.
- The most important orders were the Ku Klux Klan and the Knights of the White Camelia.
- The period of organization and development of the Ku Klux movement was from 1865 to 1868; the period of greatest activity was from 1868 to 1870, after which came the decline.
- The Ku Klux movement in its wider aspects was the effort of the first class to destroy the control of the second class.Advertisement
- Nearly all southern whites (except "scalawags"), whether members of the secret societies or hot, in some way took part in the Ku Klux movement.
- The elections were controlled for a few years, and violence was checked, but the Ku Klux movement went on until it accomplished its object by giving protection to the whites, reducing the blacks to order, replacing the whites in control of society and state, expelling the worst of the carpet-baggers and scalawags, and nullifying those laws of Congress which had resulted in placing the Southern whites under the control of a party composed principally of ex-slaves.
- Are we happy to allow the Ku Klux Klan to preach racial intolerance?
- Ku klux Klan of these great in the business.
- Was willing to Ku klux Klan you just earn based in antigua.Advertisement
- The Ku Klux Klan, originating in 1865 as a youthful prank at Pulaski, Tennessee, spread over the state and the entire South, and in 1860 nine counties in the middle and western sections were placed under martial law.
- The event attracts white supremacist organizations, including the Ku Klux Klan.
- So, along with the tidbits mentioned earlier, Mayer also had a few other nuggets of wisdom to share like comparing his private parts to former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke, while having a "Benetton" heart.