Klip sentence example
- The largest and longest, the Tugela, with the Buffalo, Mooi, Klip and other tributaries is treated separately.
- Panda gave up to Natal all the territory between the Buffalo and Tugela rivers, now forming Klip River county.
- In a dispute between the Transvaal and the Orange Free State he decided (February 1870) that the Klip river and not the upper Vaal was the frontier stream.
- The Dolomite Series, known to the Dutch as " Olifants Klip," consists of a bluish-grey magnesian limestone with bands of chert.
- Skirmishing with De Wet in the first stages of their ride, the cavalry brigades crossed the Modder at Klip Drift on the 13th.Advertisement
- The chief tributaries of the Vaal (q.v.) wholly or partly within the province are, going from east to west, the Klip (this stream from near its source to its confluence with the Vaal divides the Free State from the Transvaal), the Wilge, Rhenoster, Vet, Modder and Reit.
- From the Klip river confluence it flows west and south-west, entering Griqualand West above Kimberley.
- Perhaps the strangest problem in the whole of Switzerland is that presented by the so-called Klip pen.
- Among other Dutch words frequently used in place-names may be instanced: rhenoster (rhinoceros) olifant (elephant), mooi (pretty), modder (mud), klip (cliff), berg (mountain), burg or stad (town), zwart (black), klein (little), groote (great), breede (broad), nieuw (new), zuur (sour), bokke (buck).
- Among the Griquatown series of quartzites, limestones and shales are numerous bands of jasper and large quantities of crocidolite (a fibrous amphibole); while at Blink Klip a curious breccia, over 200 ft.Advertisement
- Then at Klip's Drift, on the 15th, 900 men of 9th and 16th lancers charged the Boer defenses.
- North, who reported in 1881 that in the Klip river (Dundee) district there was an area of 1350 sq.