Klerksdorp sentence example
- Their chief occurrences are in the districts of Witwatersrand, Heidelberg, Klerksdorp and Venterskroon.
- Klerksdorp (4276) is also near the Vaal, S.S.W.
- The Klerksdorp and Potchefstroom goldfields, known also as the Western Rand, were proclaimed in 1887 and up to the close of 1908 had yielded 446,224 OZ.
- The principal collieries are those at Boksburg and at Brakpan, also on the East Rand, with a coal area of 2400 acres; at Vereeniging and Klerksdorp, near the Vaal; at Watervaal, 12 m.
- (For details of gold-mining, see Gold.) A railway traverses the Rand, going westward past Krugersdorp to Klerksdorp and thence to Kimberley, and eastward past Springs to Delagoa Bay.Advertisement
- Klerksdorp was one of the villages founded by the first Boers who crossed the Vaal, dating from 1838.
- Rawlinson captured a laager and guns at Klerksdorp, and, though neither De Wet nor De la Rey had been brought to book, matters had so far improved in May that municipal government was given to Johannesburg, and a certain number of mines were allowed to recommence working.