Kleine sentence example
- He was a very agreeable companion and a thorough man of the world, singularly free from arrogance and pomposity; owing to his small stature, he was often known as "die kleine Excellenz."
- The Opuscula et Carmina Latina were published separately in 1837; with a collection of his smaller pieces, Kleine Schriften (1837-1838), including a complete list of his works (56 pages).
- Some of Sybel's numerous historical and political essays have been collected in Kleine historische Schriften (3 vols., 1863, 1869, 1881; new ed., 1897); Vortrage and Aufscitze (Berlin, 1874); and Vortrage and Abhandlungen, published after his death with a biographical introduction by C. Varrentrapp (Munich, 1897).
- It also contains interesting communications from Bunsen and Professor Loebell, and select translations from the Kleine Schriften.
- 7,267 Grimsel Pass (Meiringen to the Rhone Glacier), carriage road 7,100 Kleine Scheidegg (Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen), railway over.Advertisement
- His Gesammelte akademische Abhandlungen and kleine Schriften were published posthumously in 2 vols., Berlin, 1867.
- Under the pseudonym "Edelwald Justus" he published several collections of popular tales - Bunte Blatter (1795); Kleine Schriften zur Unterhaltung (1798); Nebenstunden (1799).
- Even more than Herder's precept and example, this passion showed Goethe how trivial and artificial had been the Anacreontic and pastoral poetry with which he had occupied himself in Leipzig; and the lyrics inspired by Friederike, such as Kleine Blumen, kleine Blcitter and Wie herrlich leuchtet mir die Natur!
- It is the wealth of illustration with which Plato expresses his meaning, and the range of application which he gives the idea - to the class 4 For whom see Diimmler, Antisthenica (1882, reprinted in his Kleine Schriften, 1901).
- The last-named official soon confined himself to the judicial magisterial office, and a further increase in the numbers of the council having taken place by the appointment of 8 nominees of the king, a municipal council of 34, under the direction of the senior consul or burgomaster, dealt with matters exclusively civic. Later this council (the kleine Rat) was increased to 42 members, 8 of whom belonged to the artisan class.Advertisement
- Welcker, "Prodikos der Vorganger des Sokrates," in Rheinisches Museum (1833), and in Kleine Schriften, ii.
- A number of his papers dealing with non-philosophical, chiefly national and educational subjects, are collected in his Kleine Schriften (1871).
- Among his other works are Spinozas neu entdeckter Traktat von Gott, dem Menschen and dessen Gliickseligkeit (1866); Kleine Schriften (1881); Vorfragen der Ethik (1886).
- The Kleine Schriften contains valuable criticisms on Paracelsus and Bruno.
- Here is an mp3 file of the first movement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik in its original form for string orchestra.Advertisement