Kjeldahl sentence example
- of nitrogen liberated; (2) by Will and Varrentrapp's method, in which the substance is heated with soda-lime, and the ammonia evolved is absorbed in hydrochloric acid, and thence precipitated as ammonium chlorplatinate or estimated volumetrically; or (3) by Kjeldahl's method, in which the substance is dissolved in concentrated sulphuric acid, potassium permanganate added, the liquid diluted and boiled with caustic soda, and the evolved ammonia absorbed in hydrochloric acid and estimated as in Will and Varrentrapp's method.
- Kjeldahl and others.
- This method, as originally proposed, is not in common use, but has been superseded by Kjeldahl's method, since the nitrogen generally comes out too low.
- For an experimental comparison of the accuracy of the Dumas, Will-Varrentrapp and Kjeldahl processes see L.
- boric acid solution using Kjeldahl flask and titrate with weak acid.Advertisement
- bomb calorimetry, Kjeldahl facilities, computer-linked feeding systems for fish.