Kislev sentence example
- Judas entered Jerusalem, the citadel of which was still occupied by a Syrian garrison, and the Temple was re-dedicated on the 25th of Kislev (164 B.e.).
- 22) or the "Feast of the Maccabees," beginning on the 25th day of the ninth month Kislev (December), of the Hebrew ecclesiastical year, and lasting eight days.
- by Wellhausen) that the 25th of Kislev was an old pagan festival, perhaps the day of the winter solstice.
- The Signs And Are Respectively Annexed To Hesvan And Kislev To Indicate That The Former Of These Months May Sometimes Require To Have One Day More, And The Latter Sometimes One Day Less, Than The Number Of Days Shown In The Table The Result, In Every Case, Being At Once Determined By The Total Number Of Days That The Year May Happen To Contain.
- Kislev 25, Dedication of the Temple.Advertisement