Kirton sentence example
- The first indication of settlement at Crediton (Credington, Cryditon, Kirton) is the tradition that Winfrith or Bonif ace was born there in 680.
- The principal member of the Inferior Oolite is the Lincolnshire limestone, which is an important water-bearing bed and is quarried at Lincoln, Ponton, Ancaster, and Kirton Lindsey for building stone.
- The Norman division of Holland into the three wapentakes of Elloe, Kirton and Skirbeck has remained unchanged to the present day.
- The seizure of Lincoln by Stephen in 1141 was accompanied with fearful butchery and devastation, and by an accord at Stamford William of Roumare received Kirton in Lindsey, and his tenure of Gainsborough Castle was confirmed.
- Whaplode church is another noteworthy example of Norman work; for Early English work the churches of Kirton-in-Holland, Pinchbeck and Weston may be noticed; for Decorated those at Donington and Spalding; and for Perpendicular, Gedney, together with parts of Kirton church.Advertisement
- For golfers the Kirton Holme and Boston Golf club have excellent courses, while nearby Boston offers indoor bowling and a cinema.