Kingswood sentence example
- When the churches were closed against him he spoke to the Kingswood colliers in the open air, and after six memorable weeks wrote urging Wesley to come and take up the work.
- Watchnights were due to the suggestion of a Kingswood collier in 1740.
- John Cennick, the hymn-writer and schoolmaster at Kingswood, began to preach there in 1739.
- After receiving a very limited education he was apprenticed to a linen manufacturer, but, finding the employment uncongenial, he resumed school-life at the institution founded by Wesley at Kingswood, near Bristol.
- A letter from Wesley (dated Chester, April 7, 1785) was read, beseeching the members of the Legal Conference not to use their powers for selfish ends but to be absolutely impartial in stationing the preachers, selecting boys for education at Kingswood School, and disposing of connexional funds.Advertisement
- Yet Butler was keenly interested in those very miners of Kingswood among whom Wesley preached, and left £50o towards building a church for them.
- Several denominational colleges, receiving no government aid, do the same work in a greater or less degree, the best known being St Aidan's (Roman Catholic) College and Kingswood (Wesleyan) College, both at Graham's Town.
- At Kingswood Hill, Bristol, his addresses to the colliers soon attracted crowds, and his voice was so clear and powerful that it could reach 20,000 folk.
- Kingswood activity Centers are the UK's leading provider of residential educational and fun activities for schools.