Kingsway sentence example
- At the same period a great work was undertaken to meet the want of a proper central communication between north and south, namely, the construction of a broad thoroughfare, called Kingsway in honour of King Edward VII., from High Holborn opposite Southampton Row southward to the Strand, connexion with which is established at two points through a crescent named Aldwych.
- For many centuries this district between London and Westminster was a kind of " no man's land " having certain archaic customs. Gomme in his Governance of London (1907) gives an account of the connexion of this with the old village of Aldwich, a name that survived in Wych Street, and has been revived by the London County Council in Aldwych, the crescent which leads to Kingsway.
- Some legal apologia is used in two texts: Why Jesus, Eastbourne: Kingsway, 1991.
- Kingsway Guest House, Edinburgh Heather and Ian welcome you to our Victorian guesthouse.
- In the 1920s and 30s municipal housing estates were built off Kingsway, and at Fairfield, Halebank and Stewards Avenue.Advertisement
- The impact of parental preference on Kingsway High School was explained.
- In the meantime, the EC organized a rally of RCA members at the Kingsway Hall, London.
- Another line, running south from Islington, uses the shallow-level subway under Kingsway and connects with the embankment line.
- A great performance in the second half defensively from Kingsway, unlucky even to concede a goal.