Kinghorn sentence example
- Kinghorn belongs 'to the Kirkcaldy district group of parliamentary burghs.
- With Burntisland and Kinghorn Dysart forms one of the Kirkcaldy district group of parliamentary burghs.
- Landing at Kinghorn in Fifeshire in August 1332, he gained a complete victory over the Scots under Donald, earl of Mar, at Dupplin Moor, took Perth, and on the 24th of September was crowned king of Scotland at Scone.
- Kirkcaldy combines with Dysart, Kinghorn and Burntisland to return one member to parliament.
- On the 19th of March 1286 Alexander died, in consequence of a slip made by his horse on a cliff near Kinghorn during a night ride.Advertisement
- The burgh was originally called Parva Kinghorn and later Wester Kinghorn.
- With Dysart, Kinghorn and Kirkcaldy, it unites in returning one member to parliament.
- But all such hopes were defeated by the sudden death of the king, who was killed by a fall from his horse in the dark while riding to visit the queen at Kinghorn on the 16th of March 1285.
- A similar result was obtained by Kinghorn & Evans (1975a) with the latex using a mouse ear irritancy assay.