Kilwa sentence example
- The seaports of the colony are Tanga (pop. about 6000), Bagamoyo 5000 (with surrounding district some 18,000), Dar-es-Salaam 24,000, Kilwa 5000, (these have separate notices), Pangani, Sadani, Lindi and Mikindani.
- Wiedhafen is on the east side of Nyasa at the mouth of the Ruhuhu, and is the terminus of the caravan route from Kilwa.
- In the delta of the Rufiji and in the Kilwa district cotton-growing was begun in 1901.
- Another proposed line would run from Kilwa to Wiedhafen on Lake Nyasa.
- Though the revolt spread over a very large area, the chief centre of disturbance was the region between Nyasa and the coast at Kilwa and Lindi.Advertisement
- Besides a number of settlers a Roman Catholic bishop and a party of four missionaries and nuns were murdered in the Kilwa hinterland, while nearer Nyasa the warlike Wangoni held possession of the country.
- He continued his voyage down the African coast, visiting, among other places, Mombasa and Quiloa (Kilwa).
- In East Africa the small Mahommedan states along the coast - Sofala, Mozambique, Kilwa, Brava, Mombasa, Malindi - either were destroyed or became subjects or allies of Portugal.