Kiliani sentence example
- Kiliani in 1885-1887, who showed it to be CH 2 OH (CH OH) 4 CHO.
- The correctness of this view was settled by Kiliani in 1885.
- 2 Kiliani also showed that arabinose, C 6 11 12 0 61 a sugar found in cherry gum, was an aldopentose, and thus indicated an extension of the idea of a " sugar."
- Also Kiliani found that the lactone derived from the cyanhydrin of natural arabinose (laevo) was identical with the previous lactone except that its rotation was equal and opposite.
- Scheibler discovered l-arabinose in 1869, and regarded it as a glucose; in 1887 Kiliani proved it to be a pentose.Advertisement
- The chemistry of the process has been studied by Martin Kiliani (Bergand Hiittenmdnnische Zeitung, 1885, p. 2 49), who found that, using the (low) current-density of 1 .
- Kiliani found that the sponge was produced chiefly when a weak solution, or a low current-density, was used, and that hydrogen was usually evolved simultaneously; sound deposits resulted from the use of a current-density of 200 amperes, or more, per sq.