Kilburn sentence example
- In 1879, at Kilburn, the competition was of railway waggons to convey perishable goods long distances at low temperatures.
- The manor of Wembley belonged to the priory of Kilburn until that foundation was dissolved by Henry VIII.
- The borough includes the sub-manor of Belsize and part of the hamlet of Kilburn.
- There are others at Kilburn.
- Kilburn, which as a district extends outside the borough, takes name from a stream which, as the Westbourne, entered the Thames at Chelsea.Advertisement
- The adjoining residential districts are Harlesden on the south, Kilburn and Brondesbury on the east, Cricklewood and Neasden (with the works of the Metropolitan railway) on the north.
- Despite picket lines at Swiss Cottage and Kilburn branches, however, services stayed up and running as the strike action proved patchy.