Khors sentence example
- Though there are no perennial rivers, there are watercourses (khors or wadis) in the rainy season; the chief being the Khor Abu Habl, which traverses the southcentral region.
- To the west and north the plateau sinks in terraces to the plains of the Sudan, and eastward falls more abruptly to the Red Sea, the coast plain, known as the Samhar, consisting of sandy country covered with mimosa and, along the khors, with a somewhat richer vegetation.
- A belt of sandy land covered with low scrub stretches inland ten to twenty miles, and is traversed by khors (generally dry) with ill-defined shifting channels.
- It is a rugged, rocky, barren waste, scored with khors or wadis, along whose beds there is scanty vegetation.
- In Kordofan and Darfur cultivation is confined to the khors or valleys.Advertisement