Kholmogory sentence example
- In June 1744 they were transferred to Kholmogory on the White Sea, where Ivan, isolated from his family, and seeing nobody but his gaoler, remained for the next twelve years.
- Rumours of his confinement at Kholmogory having leaked out, he was secretly transferred to the fortress of Schliisselburg (1756), where he was still more rigorously guarded, the very commandant of the fortress not knowing who "a certain arrestant" committed to his care really was.
- Excellent cattle are raised in the district of Kholmogory on the Dvina, veal being supplied to St Petersburg.
- Sulphurous springs exist in the districts of Kholmogory and Shenkursk.
- The government is divided into nine districts, the chief towns of which areAlexandrovsk or Kola (pop. 300), Archangel, Kem (1825), Kholmogory (1465), Mezen (2040), Novaya-Zemlya (island), Pechora, Pinega (1000) and Shenkursk (1308).Advertisement