Khedivial sentence example
- Here, overlooking the harbour, is the khedivial yacht club (built 1903) and the palace, also called Ras et-Tin, built by Mehemet Ali, a large but not otherwise noteworthy building.
- In 1872 Munzinger, now in Egyptian service, annexed Asmara to the khedivial dominions, but in 1884, owing to the rise of the mandi,Egypt evacuated her Abyssinian provinces and Asmara was chosen by Ras Alula, the representative of the negus Johannes (King John), as his headquarters.
- South of the bridge are the Ismailia palace (a khedivial residence), the British consulate general, the palace of the khedive's mother, the medical school and the government hospital.
- A khedivial astronomical observatory was built here in 1903-1904, to take the place of that at Abbasia, that site being no longer suitable in consequence of the northward extension of the city.
- The Arab museum and khedivial library are housed in a building erected for the purpose, at a cost of £66,000, and opened in 1903.Advertisement
- The khedivial library contains some 64,000 volumes, over two-thirds being books and MSS.
- These bonds had then reached a sum exceeding 20,000,000 and were held chiefly by French firms. The unification scheme was elaborated in a khedivial decree of the 7th of May 1876, but was rendered abortive by the opposition of the British bondholders.
- The terms agreed upon in this instrument, known as the London Convention, were embodied in a khedivial decree, which, with some modification in detail, remained for twenty years the organic law under which the finances of Egypt were administered.
- Such were the chief provisions of the khedivial decree, and in 1905, for the first time, it was possible to draw up the Egyptian budget in accordance with the needs of the country and on perfectly sound principles.
- Then the 9th (Sudanese) Battalion was created for service at Suakin, and four others having been successively added, these (with one exceptionat Gedaref) have since borne the brunt of all the fighting which has been done by the khedivial troops.Advertisement
- The Dual Control had been abolished by a khedivial decree of 18th January 1883, and1replaced by an English financial adviser.
- Annexed to the Anglo-French agreement was the text of a proposed khedivial decree altering the relations between Egypt and the foreign bond-holders.
- The combined effect of the declaration and the khedivial decree was great.
- Scarcely less important were the results of the khedivial decree.
- In the February following he again became prime minister under Abbas II., being selected as comparatively acceptable both to the khedivial and British parties.Advertisement
- All these cumbersome restrictions were swept away by the khedivial decree of the 28th of November 1904, a decree which received the assent of the powers and was the result gains of the Anglo-French agreement of April 1904 (see finaicial History).