Keuka sentence example
- The largest of these are Cayuga, Seneca, Keuka, Canandaigua, Owasco and Skaneateles.
- Pop. (1905, state census), 45 4 It is served by the New York Central & Hudson River and the Northern Central railways and by electric railway to Branchport, and has steamboat connexions with Hammondsport at the head of Keuka Lake.
- At Keuka Park, on the west shore of the lake, is Keuka College (1890), and at Eggleston's Point is held a summer "natural science camp" for boys.
- Obtaining a large tract (which was called Jerusalem in 1789) in the present Yates county, she founded in 1788 the village of Hopeton on the outlet of Keuka Lake about a mile from Seneca Lake.
- The Bully Hill Winery is located in Hammondsport, New York alongside Keuka Lake.Advertisement
- The first bonded winery on Keuka Lake, Pleasant Valley Wine Company, was opened in 1860.
- There are 16 wineries in the Finger Lakes region that are located along the Keuka Lake Wine Trail.
- Pleasant Valley Wine Company - Located on the shores of Keuka Lake in Hammondsport, Pleasant Valley was established in 1860, which makes it the oldest winery in the Finger Lakes region.
- Ravines Wine Cellars - Located in Keuka Village, this vineyard was named for the two deep ravines on the estate.
- Visit the Keuka Lake Wine Trail website for information regarding local Bed and Breakfast establishments, hours of operation for the wineries and vineyards on the trail, as well as maps of the area.Advertisement