Ketzergeschichte sentence example
- The surviving fragments of these works are collected and commented on in Hilgenfeld's Ketzergeschichte, 207-218.
- The most accessible and best critical edition of the fragments which have been preserved word for word is to be found in Hilgenfeld's Ketzergeschichte des Urchristentums. One of the most important of these fragments is the letter of Ptolemaeus to Flora, preserved in Epiphanius, Haeres.
- In the Valentinian systems the pair of aeons, Anthropos and Ekklesia, occupy the third or fourth place within the Oydods, but incidentally we learn that with some representatives of this school the Anthropos took a still more prominent place (first or second; Hilgenfeld, Ketzergeschichte, p. 294 seq.).
- Hilgenfeld, Ketzergeschichte des Urchristentums (Leipzig, 1884); and in Ztschr.
- The original sources are best reproduced in Hilgenfeld, Ketzergeschichte des Urchristentums (1884), pp. 1 952 3 0.Advertisement