Kesha sentence example
- Kesha Tik Tok lyrics were on the lips of people all around the world in 2010.
- The song reached number one in 11 countries and helped Kesha earn the distinction of having the longest running number one debut single by a female artist since 1977.
- Whatever anyone made of the song, Kesha herself is a seasoned lyricist and has been behind the scenes penning successful songs for several years.
- The daughter of a musician/songwriter mother, Kesha has been involved in music almost since birth.
- She often involved Kesha in her songwriting and encouraged Kesha to write her own songs.Advertisement
- By age 17, Kesha was already getting noticed for her songwriting ability.
- Kesha came close to signing with Warner while working with DAS, but Dr. Luke stepped in and blocked the deal since she was technically still under contract.
- Kesha developed a friendship with fellow songwriter and then aspiring musician Katy Perry and landed a spot in Perry's megahit debut video I Kissed a Girl.
- After the song reached number one, Kesha changed the spelling of her name to Ke$ha as a nod to the way she was on the number one song in the country and struggling to pay her bills.
- Kesha may not have been paid for her Flo Rida work, but she didn't walk away empty handed.Advertisement
- Given the heavy marketing of Kesha to young girls, some groups found the lyrics inappropriate.
- Kesha stressed that the song was not to be taken literally and that when she wrote it, it wasn't necessarily intended for the young audiences it has been marketed to.
- Other people dismissed the song and Kesha herself as lightweight and nothing more than a cynical marketing ploy at every turn.
- Many of the subjects on this show eat weird things, and Kesha is one example.