Kersaint sentence example
- He came of an old family, his father, Guy Francois de Coetnempren, comte de Kersaint, being a distinguished naval officer.
- At the outbreak of the Revolution, Kersaint, in spite of his high birth, took the side of the latter.
- On the 4th of January 1791 Kersaint was appointed administrator of the department of the Seine by the electoral assembly of Paris.
- Kersaint was sent as a deputy to the Convention by the department of Seine-et-Oise in September 1792, and on the 1st of January 1793 was appointed vice-admiral.
- Charavay, L'Assemblee electorale de Paris en 1790 et 1791 (Paris, 1890); and Agenor Bardoux, La Duchesse de Duras (Paris, 1898), the beginning of which deals with Kersaint, whose daughter married Amedee de Duras.Advertisement
- Associated with these views was a group of deputies from other parts of France, of whom the most notable were Condorcet, Fauchet, Lasource, Isnard, Kersaint, Henri Lariviere, and, above all, Jacques Pierre Brissot, Roland and Petion, elected mayor of Paris in succession to Bailly on the 16th of November 1791.
- Of those who escaped to the provinces the greater number, after wandering about singly or in groups, were either captured and executed or committed suicide, among them Barbaroux, Buzot, Condorcet, Grangeneuve, Guadet, Kersaint, Petion, Rabaut de Saint-Etienne and Rebecqui.