Kennet sentence example
- "ALEXANDER HUGH BRUCE, BALFOUR OF BURLEIGH Loth (or 6TH) Baron (1849-1921), British politician, was born at Kennet, Alloa, Jan.
- The Kennet and Avon Canal, between Reading and the Avon, follows the river closely from Bradford down to Bath, where it enters it by a descent of seven locks.
- At Pangbourne (804) the Thames receives the Pang on the right, and at Reading (742) the Kennet on the same side.
- It may be noted further that the Kennet continues upward the line of the main valley below the Goring gap, and the Cherwell that of the main valley above it.
- The canals in use communicating with the Thames, in addition to the Thames and Severn canal, are the Oxford canal, giving communication from that city with the north, the Kennet and Avon canal from Reading to the Bristol Avon, the Grand Junction at Brentford, the Regent's canal at Limehouse, and the Grand Surrey canal at Rotherhithe.Advertisement
- It is an oldfashioned place on the skirts of Savernake Forest, lying in a valley of the chalk uplands known as Marlborough Downs, and traversed by the river Kennet.
- We also have the names of the following rivers: - Eden, Dee, Trent, Yare, Colne, Thames, Kennet, Churne, Exe, Severn, Tamar.
- The trout-fishing in the upper Thames and many of its tributaries (such as the Kennet, Colne and Lea) is famous.
- The envious but graphic description of his demeanour conveyed to us by Bishop Kennet attests the real dignity of his position no less than the airs he thought fit to assume in consequence.
- The Kennet and Avon Canal skirts the town on the N., passing over the high ground through a chain of thirtynine locks.Advertisement
- Kennet and Avon canal Samuel Simcock He, Samuel Weston and James Barnes made surveys for narrow and barge canals from Newbury to Bath.
- From the 1960s The Kennet and Avon Canal Trust campaigned then worked to restore the canal to its fully open status.
- It is a travelog of a field trip along the Kennet & Avon Canal.