Kena sentence example
- Min was especially a god of the desert routes on the east of Egypt, and the trading tribes are likely to have gathered to his festivals for business and pleasure, at Coptos (which was really near to Neapolis, Kena) even more than at Akhmim.
- Baird landed at Kosseir, conducted his army across the desert to Kena on the Nile, and thence to Cairo.
- To render the basin lands of the Kena province independent of the flood being bad or good, another barrage was built across the Nile at Esna at a cost of £i,000,000.
- The cliffs are highest between Esna and Kena, where they reach 1800 ft.
- The chief towns on the Nile, taking them in their order in ascending the river from Cairo, are Beni Suef, Minia, Assiut, Akhmim, Suhag, Girga, Kena, Luxor, Esna, Edfu, Assuan and Korosko.Advertisement
- Kena (qv.), pop. 20,069, is on the east bank of the Nile, 45 m.
- The ancient Coptos (Keft) is represen~thdby the village of Kuft, between Luxor and Kena.
- A few miles north of Kena is Dendera, with a famous temple.
- From the Nile, caravan routes lead westward to the various oases and eastward to the Red Sea, the shortest (120 to.) and most used of the eastern routes being that from Kena to Kosseir.
- Hearing of the escape of Napoleon from Elbaand fearing danger to Egypt from the plans of France or Great BritainMehemet Ali returned to Cairo by way of Kosseir and Kena.Advertisement
- By this geographical name is probably meant all western Syria and Palestine with Raphia - " the (first) city of the Ka-n-`-na " - for the south-west boundary towards the desert.2 In the letters sent by governors and princes of Palestine to their Egyptian overlord 3 - commonly known as the Tel-el-Amarna tablets - we find the two forms Kinahhi and Kinahna, corresponding to Kena' and Kena`an respectively, and standing, as Ed.
- Along with Kena Kai's exclusive DataSafe© security features, this travel wallet packs a style punch with its unique ostrich embossed leather look.
- This Kena Kai rectangular zip around wallet comes in a delicious citrus-y orange, a brilliant medium blue, and a velvety chocolate.