Kemble sentence example
- He holds that the Londoners passed " their own laws by their own citizens without reference to the king at all," and in the present case of a king who according to Kemble " had carried the influence of the crown to an extent unexampled in any of his predecessors."
- John Philip Kemble, the actor, was born at Prescot in 1757.
- Less likely is the theory of Palgrave that the Bretwaldas were the successors of the pseudo-emperors, Maximus and Carausius, and claimed to share the imperial dignity of Rome; or that of Kemble, who derives Bretwalda from the British word breotan, to distribute, and translates it "widely ruling."
- In Paris, in 1827, he saw Charles Kemble and an English company play Shakespeare.
- Kemble (Actors) >>Advertisement
- We had a tip-off that the three Hunters from Delta Jets, based at Kemble would be arriving around 10.00.